Re: [AQ_NFS] 2 What does "Publ." mean?

  • tomhuber.yah@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2012
      On Thu, 4 Oct 2012 19:07:30 -0600, you wrote:

      >In the "Sources to View" list under "Select Source" there is an entry
      >for "Cemetery Marker" and another for "Cemetery Marker (Publ.)." I
      >can't figure out from any "Help" menu what each means. Please

      I would use the "cemetery marker" if I used an actual photograph for
      the source of the information. I would use the "cemetery marker
      (publ)" for a listing in a book or on a website (even find a grave) as
      the source.

      The photograph is more reliable than the published compilation, in my
      mind (although cemetery records can still have mistakes, even
      gravestones).

      Tom
    • kimbuc4@juno.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2012
        There are at least 2 explanations.

        1. The grave is in the "Public Burial Area"

        2. Many stones have the initials of the Monument Company on the stone, which is another place to go and find information on the family. This is particularly helpful if the cemetery is in a sparsely populated area. It is also very helpful in large cemeteries for the same reasons.

        Bill

        Woman is 53 But Looks 25
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/506f2fef6e8592fef0a31st03duc