2 What does "Publ." mean?

  • Alden Tueller
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2012
      In the "Sources to View" list under "Select Source" there is an entry
      for "Cemetery Marker" and another for "Cemetery Marker (Publ.)." I
      can't figure out from any "Help" menu what each means. Please

      * Tell me what each means (meaning how they differ); and

      * Where I might have found the answer in a "Help" menu.

      Thanks.

      Alden

    • tomhuber.yah@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2012
        On Thu, 4 Oct 2012 19:07:30 -0600, you wrote:

        >In the "Sources to View" list under "Select Source" there is an entry
        >for "Cemetery Marker" and another for "Cemetery Marker (Publ.)." I
        >can't figure out from any "Help" menu what each means. Please

        I would use the "cemetery marker" if I used an actual photograph for
        the source of the information. I would use the "cemetery marker
        (publ)" for a listing in a book or on a website (even find a grave) as
        the source.

        The photograph is more reliable than the published compilation, in my
        mind (although cemetery records can still have mistakes, even
        gravestones).

        Tom
      • kimbuc4@juno.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2012
          There are at least 2 explanations.

          1. The grave is in the "Public Burial Area"

          2. Many stones have the initials of the Monument Company on the stone, which is another place to go and find information on the family. This is particularly helpful if the cemetery is in a sparsely populated area. It is also very helpful in large cemeteries for the same reasons.

          Bill

          Woman is 53 But Looks 25
          http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/506f2fef6e8592fef0a31st03duc