Missing ? data do to move to Family Tree

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17, 2012
      When they move my great grandparents to Family Tree my grandfather became a bachelor again. :-)

      As the person is linked now he has one daughter. Doing a search for his wife, she is listed with her husbands (2) and all the children. I have been trying for over an hour trying to find a way to trade the husband as now shown in the Tree view, with the fully correct pair.

      I can not find any help file to cover this problem. Maybe I'm just overlooking it.

      Cleadie B
    • Stewart Millar
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 17, 2012
        Cleadie,

        Family Tree data - names, dates, places, relationships - is exactly the
        same as im nFS with the condition that that for the "vital" data
        (name,birth, christening, death, burial) it has taken the selected Summary
        data from nFS . . . and critically, FT has not got any of the duplicates
        that were combined into any individual.

        Indeed, you can change things in nFS and switching to FT see the results.

        There is good instruction in using FT from the Help resources . . .
        particularly useful is the "Quick Start Guide" which is almost being update
        weekly if not daily sometimes - better to skip the first few pages and look
        at the links to the more detailed help sections:

        http://broadcast.lds.org/eLearning/fhd/Community/en/FamilySearch/FamilyTree/QuickStartGuide/FT-QSG_LDS_EN.pdf

        (there is also a non-lds version available)

        ===Stewart