Re: Notes in FS

  • Stewart Millar
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 15, 2012
      Cleadie,

      You should start using Family Search Family Tree . . . the successor to nFS
      . . . due for release this month/year.

      Family Tree has a significantly different approach to sources than nFS . .
      . check out all the Family Tree links in the "Help" feature of nFS or
      familysearch.org.

      I expect our friends at AQ are working hard to get the interface and
      synchronisation working with Family Tree . . . which should include
      sourcing - the "why/reason" question you mentioned is one of the new
      features in Family Tree..

      ===Stewart

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 16, 2012
        Thanks for the reply.

        I took the time to check things out before replying. It has been a long time since I last checked on Family Tree. A lot has been added since then. Once I get use to it I probably will like it better than nFS, but right now I am finding the font hard to use. On my computer the font is very large and fine. I'll have to see if I can shrink and make it darker. All my other programs have the fonts the other way around - tiny and heavy, so I have to enlarge them.

        Cleadie B

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 16, 2012
          Cleadie,

          I find the default font size too large too. You can change the font size
          for a session by clicking the + or - in the Zoom tool. Unfortunately it
          will not remember your preferred size between sessions.

          Bill Buchanan

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 16, 2012
            I have a roller mouse, and that did the trick. It seems to have stuck when I opened it again this afternoon. It is now much better to read and navigate through many levels. Still a bit faint. I miss the old computers that had the little wheels to darken or lighten the screen when needed.

            There are a lot of things I dislike about this Sony laptop with Windows 7. Not sure which is too blame for the quirks, but I will have to live with it until it quits. By then I hope something new will come along that works right.

            Cleadie B