Notes in FS

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 15 9:20 AM
      When I added new data in FS with AQ, a small block appears after the entry. It says to add the reason why, etc this data was used.

      Does this mean a Source reference, (birth certificate, etc) such as you would normally put in as a Source, not in a Note when working directly in FS? - OR - is FS going to do away with the long/detailed Source format? (I would love it if did!!)

      Cleadie B
    • Stewart Millar
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 15 11:28 AM
        Cleadie,

        You should start using Family Search Family Tree . . . the successor to nFS
        . . . due for release this month/year.

        Family Tree has a significantly different approach to sources than nFS . .
        . check out all the Family Tree links in the "Help" feature of nFS or
        familysearch.org.

        I expect our friends at AQ are working hard to get the interface and
        synchronisation working with Family Tree . . . which should include
        sourcing - the "why/reason" question you mentioned is one of the new
        features in Family Tree..

        ===Stewart

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 16 4:29 AM
          Thanks for the reply.

          I took the time to check things out before replying. It has been a long time since I last checked on Family Tree. A lot has been added since then. Once I get use to it I probably will like it better than nFS, but right now I am finding the font hard to use. On my computer the font is very large and fine. I'll have to see if I can shrink and make it darker. All my other programs have the fonts the other way around - tiny and heavy, so I have to enlarge them.

          Cleadie B

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 16 7:05 AM
            Cleadie,

            I find the default font size too large too. You can change the font size
            for a session by clicking the + or - in the Zoom tool. Unfortunately it
            will not remember your preferred size between sessions.

            Bill Buchanan

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 16 9:26 AM
              I have a roller mouse, and that did the trick. It seems to have stuck when I opened it again this afternoon. It is now much better to read and navigate through many levels. Still a bit faint. I miss the old computers that had the little wheels to darken or lighten the screen when needed.

              There are a lot of things I dislike about this Sony laptop with Windows 7. Not sure which is too blame for the quirks, but I will have to live with it until it quits. By then I hope something new will come along that works right.

              Cleadie B