Re: [AQ_NFS] Problem accessing NewFamilySearch from AQ 14.00.3

  • tomhuber.yah@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 23, 2012
      It sounds like a Windows 7 problem. I've seen this from not only AQ,
      but also from my mail (pop) program when I attempt to open a link and
      a browser is not active. I've seen it a couple of times with AQ14 and
      simply attributed it to a system glitch -- it worked later with no
      problems.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2012
        Neil:

        Most often when I see this, it is because FamilySearch is having some sort of problem.

        It could also happen if your Internet connection goes down. But if other Internet programs -- such as your browser or e-mail package are working, then this message pretty much always means that FamilySearch is not responding to the requests that AQ is making. So simply try again a bit later -- sometimes just a few seconds later, and sometimes much later, if FamilySearch is having a major bad hair day.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 23, 2012
          Thank you Gaylon for your feedback.

          It just occurred to me that earlier yesterday I accepted an offer from AVG
          for a 14 day free trial of their full program. I have now reverted back to
          their free version and the New FamilySearch problem has disappeared.

          Thanks for your help.

          Regards

          Neil Hallam

          On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 2:40 AM, Gaylon Findlay <gfindlay@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Neil:
          >
          > Most often when I see this, it is because FamilySearch is having some sort
          > of problem.
          >
          > It could also happen if your Internet connection goes down. But if other
          > Internet programs -- such as your browser or e-mail package are working,
          > then this message pretty much always means that FamilySearch is not
          > responding to the requests that AQ is making. So simply try again a bit
          > later -- sometimes just a few seconds later, and sometimes much later, if
          > FamilySearch is having a major bad hair day.
          >
          > Gaylon

          Neil R Hallam
          hallamnr@...
          035754 1654