Another Request

  • tomhuber.yah@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 5, 2012

      Thanks for all you do. The new features are great, but I'm greedy. I
      want more, more, more...

      Here's what I would like to see added (and hopefully, it won't be too
      much work):

      The ability to display the tags in the Names list (Tab). I'd like to
      be able to pull up a list of the names in my file and see what tags I
      have set. As I mentioned in another post, I used the feature to set a
      tag indicating work needed for my entire datafile. Now I want to be
      able to focus on those that need work, and ignore those that do not
      need additional research.

      Thanks again, for all you do.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 5, 2012
        Tom:

        Adding Tags to the name list is on our To Do list.

        The problem is that without rewriting the Name List, it can't show graphics. So instead of showing little red, blue, etc boxes, it will probably have to show either the description of the tag or a number, 1-7. The same is true of color coding.

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 5, 2012
          Regarding flags:

          You can use the advanced search to identify the people in your database who do or do not have certain tags. This is a very powerful feature. You can combine relationship filters too. For instance, show me all of the ancestors of grandpa Jones who has the green flag on and also has the yellow flag on but does not have the blue flag on.

          I am using the green flag to indicate that I have checked or set the summary value in new.familySearch. I set the red flag to indicate that even though they are in nFS, maybe even entered by me, according to Church Policy I am not supposed to do anything else in their behalf.

          Merlin Kitchen

          Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 17:16:38 -0600 (MDT)

          53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
          http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4ff644433da3e444327a9st53vuc
        • tomhuber.yah@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 6, 2012
            Super!

            I would have no problem if it had numbers to represent the set tags.

            Thanks again, for all that you do.

            Tom