SV: [AQ_NFS] A request

  • Torbjörn Manell
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 4, 2012
      May I add another thought to this? For a while, a few years back, there was
      a special tab on the Edit Individual view named "LDS" where all the LDS
      ordinances was kept in one place. I am still missing it. Can we have it
      back, please?

      If I am working editing an individual's LDS data and someone else
      (non-member?) is coming looking over my shoulder it was quick and easy to
      just change tab to not show the LDS data instead of take the time to find it
      and turn it off from the Tools menu.

      Please, Gaylon, at least consider to take the LDS tab back...

      /Torbjörn

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 4, 2012
        Torbjörn:

        The idea of a separate LDS tab was born from the need of having too much data on small screens. Since the earlier releases of AQ, all newer computers have larger screens with higher resolution, and the LDS data easily fits on the main screen. This is, frankly, a more user-friendly means of handling LDS data (many users never noticed the LDS tab).

        I don't think you'll see the LDS tab come back. But you can simply click on the "More" or "Contact" tab if you want to change the display away from showing LDS data.

      • tomhuber.yah@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 5, 2012
          Gaylon,

          Thanks for all you do. The new features are great, but I'm greedy. I
          want more, more, more...

          Here's what I would like to see added (and hopefully, it won't be too
          much work):

          The ability to display the tags in the Names list (Tab). I'd like to
          be able to pull up a list of the names in my file and see what tags I
          have set. As I mentioned in another post, I used the feature to set a
          tag indicating work needed for my entire datafile. Now I want to be
          able to focus on those that need work, and ignore those that do not
          need additional research.

          Thanks again, for all you do.

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 5, 2012
            Tom:

            Adding Tags to the name list is on our To Do list.

            The problem is that without rewriting the Name List, it can't show graphics. So instead of showing little red, blue, etc boxes, it will probably have to show either the description of the tag or a number, 1-7. The same is true of color coding.

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 5, 2012
              Regarding flags:

              You can use the advanced search to identify the people in your database who do or do not have certain tags. This is a very powerful feature. You can combine relationship filters too. For instance, show me all of the ancestors of grandpa Jones who has the green flag on and also has the yellow flag on but does not have the blue flag on.

              I am using the green flag to indicate that I have checked or set the summary value in new.familySearch. I set the red flag to indicate that even though they are in nFS, maybe even entered by me, according to Church Policy I am not supposed to do anything else in their behalf.

              Merlin Kitchen

              Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 17:16:38 -0600 (MDT)

              53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
              http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4ff644433da3e444327a9st53vuc
            • tomhuber.yah@gmail.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 6, 2012
                Super!

                I would have no problem if it had numbers to represent the set tags.

                Thanks again, for all that you do.

                Tom