Re: [AQ_NFS] AQ-14 question

  • tomhuber.yah@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 4, 2012

      On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 10:28:40 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

      >A second look shows that one son and his wife were correctly recorded, AND was incorrectly recorded with reversed sex. So that probably caused what I saw. Now - I have to figure out how to get rid of the wrongly recorded individual. My own records is correct, but it is the one on nFS that is wrong.

      I have two instances where newFamilySearch has the gender incorrect
      for an individual. Since that is one of the few areas that cannot be
      changed (a requirement with regard to temple ordinances), you'll need
      to create an entry for the person with the correct gender in nFS. AQ
      can do this, of course, automatically. You won't be able to merge the
      two in nFS, but you should go into the site and add a note providing
      the information that the person has the wrong gender. It is my
      understanding that once Family Tree is operational, you'll be able to
      delete/hide the person with the incorrect gender, so they do not
      appear in the records.

      In each of my cases, I sent an e-mail to the person who made the entry
      and provided them with full details on why I believed the person was
      of the opposite gender to their entry (I also asked that if they had
      substantiating information for the gender they recorded, that they
      provide it so I could correct my records).

      Best regards,

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 4, 2012
        If your record is correct and the record on newfamilysearch has the incorrect sex, then you have to call or email the help desk using the feedback feature.

        Have the PID as it is listed on nfs and the name. Have some proof that this person is the opposite sex than nfs shows. It could be a transcript of a birth, death, marriage or census record. Just because the name is traditionally one sex won’t be enough proof.

        Of course, if the ordinances were completed with the wrong sex, they will have to be redone.

        Leslie Vaughn

        From: Leslie Vaughn <Leslievaughn@... <mailto:Leslievaughn%40cfl.rr.com> >
        To: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com>

        Could the sex of your person be different from the one on NFS?

        Leslie

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 4, 2012
          I forgot to mention that the staff at newfamilysearch will make the person recorded as the wrong sex “disappear” from new familysearch. But it is still there in the background lurking around. But it won’t be searchable or visible as the wrong sex once nfs hides it.

          I have done it at least ½ dozen times and have always been successful at getting the wrong sexed person gone from view.

          Could the sex of your person be different from the one on NFS?

          Leslie

          I was working with AQ14 trying out the new format of syncing my records with

          nFS. Everything was working very smoothly until I came upon one of my local

          individuals that was exactly as in nFS, except I needed the Family Search ID

          number.

          The LINK button was blanked out, and I only had the choice of uploading a

          new copy, or exiting that persons file. There seemed to be no way of linking

          the two files and having the Family Search ID automatically added to my

          file.

          Is there no way of Linking the two files when they are an identical match?

          Or am I missing something?

        • Mary-Theresa Dameron
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 4, 2012
            I’ve done this myself, numerous times – they are more than happy to help if you have the support documentation.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 5, 2012
              Thanks for the reply to my problem that turned out to be caused by a person with the wrong sex designation.

              I will try out the idea of getting the wron individual removed. Thanks for the advise on how to do it.