A request

  • tomhuber.yah@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 3, 2012
      Hi Gaylon,

      I know this has been requested before, and that it hasn't been
      implemented because it would cause problems with the PAF file format
      (or, at least, I think that was your reason)..

      I really would like to include LDS comformation and intiatory dates in
      my AQ file, but do not want them to show up in the "Other Events"
      section where they cannot be "turned off" when printing group sheets
      for public use (such as for non-LDS related historical and genealogy
      societies).

      Is it possible that at some future date, you'll add those two LDS
      ordinances to the LDS Ordinances section, allowing us to turn off
      using LDS data, or is this something that you won't be considering in
      the foreseeable future?

      Thanks,
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 3, 2012
        Tom:

        Yes, I expect that the Confirmation and Initiatory will soon be part of the LDS ordinances section of the screen. It's on our "To Do" list.

        Meanwhile, even as "Other Events", much of the program treats these as LDS events that get turned off for reports, GEDCOM, web pages, etc when you ask to not show LDS ordinances; these should bow out along with Baptism, Endowment, etc.

        If you and others find any situations where this is not true, I'd like to hear the specifics so we can fix it.

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 4, 2012
          May I add another thought to this? For a while, a few years back, there was
          a special tab on the Edit Individual view named "LDS" where all the LDS
          ordinances was kept in one place. I am still missing it. Can we have it
          back, please?

          If I am working editing an individual's LDS data and someone else
          (non-member?) is coming looking over my shoulder it was quick and easy to
          just change tab to not show the LDS data instead of take the time to find it
          and turn it off from the Tools menu.

          Please, Gaylon, at least consider to take the LDS tab back...

          /Torbjörn

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 4, 2012
            Thanks, Gaylon. That's great news. I hadn't tried to see what happened
            if I allowed the entry to remain in the "Other Events" section when I
            unchecked "Use LDS Data" in the General tab of the Preferences window.

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 4, 2012
              Torbjörn:

              The idea of a separate LDS tab was born from the need of having too much data on small screens. Since the earlier releases of AQ, all newer computers have larger screens with higher resolution, and the LDS data easily fits on the main screen. This is, frankly, a more user-friendly means of handling LDS data (many users never noticed the LDS tab).

              I don't think you'll see the LDS tab come back. But you can simply click on the "More" or "Contact" tab if you want to change the display away from showing LDS data.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 5, 2012

                Thanks for all you do. The new features are great, but I'm greedy. I
                want more, more, more...

                Here's what I would like to see added (and hopefully, it won't be too
                much work):

                The ability to display the tags in the Names list (Tab). I'd like to
                be able to pull up a list of the names in my file and see what tags I
                have set. As I mentioned in another post, I used the feature to set a
                tag indicating work needed for my entire datafile. Now I want to be
                able to focus on those that need work, and ignore those that do not
                need additional research.

                Thanks again, for all you do.

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 5, 2012
                  Tom:

                  Adding Tags to the name list is on our To Do list.

                  The problem is that without rewriting the Name List, it can't show graphics. So instead of showing little red, blue, etc boxes, it will probably have to show either the description of the tag or a number, 1-7. The same is true of color coding.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 5, 2012
                    Regarding flags:

                    You can use the advanced search to identify the people in your database who do or do not have certain tags. This is a very powerful feature. You can combine relationship filters too. For instance, show me all of the ancestors of grandpa Jones who has the green flag on and also has the yellow flag on but does not have the blue flag on.

                    I am using the green flag to indicate that I have checked or set the summary value in new.familySearch. I set the red flag to indicate that even though they are in nFS, maybe even entered by me, according to Church Policy I am not supposed to do anything else in their behalf.

                    Merlin Kitchen

                    Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 17:16:38 -0600 (MDT)

                    53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
                    http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4ff644433da3e444327a9st53vuc
                  • tomhuber.yah@gmail.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 6, 2012
                      Super!

                      I would have no problem if it had numbers to represent the set tags.

                      Thanks again, for all that you do.

                      Tom