      From: Bill Buchanan <genealogistbuchanan@...>
      Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] Two questions
      To: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com

      Yes, we get a lot of questions about that. Some of them are rather
      dramatic. "It says that the information was changed today by
      dorisandersonwolf765745654, and I know she has been dead for 5 years! How
      could that be possible?"

      The problem is that what is being displayed is not what is really
      happening. As the engineers are preparing for the production version of the
      FamilySearch Family Tree (FS FT), each record requires a list of all
      changes, and each "change log" needs a starting date. So the system is
      going through all of the fields in all of the records and selecting a
      contributor (who may be dead now, but contributed this record to one of the
      legacy databases that became the original version of nFS) and selecting the
      date the computer made that selection (which may be today).

      So, just ignore these puzzling references to changes. Make sure that the
      Summary data is as accurate and complete as possible, because that is the
      only data that will be brought into the production version of FS FT.
      (Sources will come in too, but not necessarily in the present nFS format.)
      Note that FS FT is built around a different model than nFS. There will be
      no combined records. (e.g. Instead of 1000 records for Charlemagne there
      will be 1 record for him. If another record is found for him, the two
      records will be MERGED like in AQ or PAF, and one record will be deleted.
      In the end Charlemagne will have 1 record, like everyone else.)

      --

      Bill Buchanan
      blog: http://billbuchanan.blogspot.com