976Re: [AQ_NFS] newFamilySearch to Family Tree

    Apr 27, 2012
      Stewart:

      Thank you for mentioning the recorded sessions of RootsTech. For others, this is the launch page to see those sessions:

      http://rootstech.org/#video-player

      As you stated in your 4th bullet item, I have understood that a FamilySearch representative essentially said that for any given person in the nFS database, the summary values would be preserved in Family Tree, but that other values would be discarded. For example, if nFS shows three opin ions for a person's birth as being:

      12 June 1850 in Salt Lake City (Summary)
      12 June 1850 in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah
      15 May 1850 in Boston, Massachusetts

      then only the first of the above entries will survive, because it is the Summary value. If the person happened to be born in Massachusetts, and the other two entries were erroneous, then we will lose valuable information when nFS goes away. I wonder if someone who attended RootsTech, or watched the videos, can tell me which of the lectures covered such a discussion?

      Thanks,