      From: Gaylon Findlay <gfindlay@...>
      To: AQ NFS <AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:16:43 PM
      Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] Re: Font stuck in oversize

      Cleadie:

      Even though you cannot see the "OK" button on the preferences screen, all you have to do is use the <Enter> key to activate it. In Windows, the <Enter> key will activate the "default" button, which normally is the "OK" button on this screen. However, if you had just barely used another button, like the "Change" button, that button will now be the default. However, if you click one of the checkboxes -- like the one for "Keep Pedigree and Family View fonts proportional to screen", then the default will go back to the OK button. At that point, you can simply click <Enter> to save that setting.

      So here are two options for you (I'd only use the 2nd if I couldn't get the first to work):

      1) Adjust the preferences
      a) Go into Preferences
      b) Make your changes to the various fonts
      c) Click on the "Keep Pedigree ..." checkbox
      d) Click on the same checkbox again, so it will go back to its original setting
      e) Use the "Enter" key to save the preferences.

      2) Zap all your preferences, thus putting AQ back into all of its original settings
      a) Find the "ancquest.ini" file. (Depending on your version of Windows, this will be in different places. To find it, you may need to search for it, but you'll have to tell the Windows "Search" to let you search through hidden files and folders.
      b) When you find it, delete it.
      c) The next time you run AQ, it will act like it is the first time it has run on your machine.