      From: JimLight
      Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2011 7:02 PM
      To: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [AQ_NFS] Re: Identifying nFS as data source

      Tom,

      Thanks for the unneeded lecture.

      Ordinance information MUST be taken from either nFS or from work that I do
      myself at the temple. Since one of the main reasons for creating nFS was to
      reduce duplicate ordinances, I will not attempt to do ordinance work for
      those who already have it done, as recorded in nFS. Instead, I will capture
      the ordinance data recorded in nFS, and consider that that ordinance work is
      completed, unless I discover that the genealogical data for the individual
      or the family involved is incorrect to the point that the ordinance work
      must be considered incorrect and still needed.

      When I capture this ordinance data from nFS (whether I do it manually or via
      AQ), I want to document where I got the data. That way, if I subsequently
      discover errors in the records, I will know where they came from and what
      steps I need to do to correct the errors. When I record the ordinance data
      manually, I indicate the source to be Family Search. Similarly, when I used
      to capture data from the IGI using PAF Insight, that software would record
      where and when I captured the data from the IGI.

      I'm simply asking how this can automatically be accomplished using AQ, and
      if the function is not currently available in AQ, I would like to request
      that it be added.

      Please don't tell me I should not capture data from whatever source I choose
      to use. I can find value even in OneWorldTree, which I know to be of very
      poor quality. It at least gives me a starting point for my own research.
      nFS is better than that, since it also provides me the ONLY method for
      submitting names to the temple for the ordinance work to be done.

      Sigh.

      Jim

      _____