      From: Gaylon Findlay
      To: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 4:42 PM
      Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] Check for Changes

      Don:

      This sounds right to me. :-)

      Although I can't see any reason to unlink a person just for the sake of
      unlinking him. Other than for a couple of situations.

      1) Let's say that you have linked two parents in your file to their
      corresponding records in NFS. Later you decide to add (upload) a child
      from your database to NFS. After AQ addes the child to NFS, it uses the
      links of the parents in your database to make sure it connects the child
      to the parents in nFS. If you, for some reason, did not want the child
      added to the family of the parents in NFS, you would have to first
      unlink the parents, so that AQ would not automatically connect the newly
      uploaded child to the NFS family.

      2) After using NFS for a while, someone may not want to work with nFS
      anymore. I think this is less likely for LDS users, and more likely for
      non-LDS users. I can see where someone would be more comfortable
      unlinking individuals to feel like they've made a clean break from nFS.

      3) You have a database with which you train others. Sometimes it is
      advantageous to unlink everyone before the start of a new class, so you
      can go through the process of teaching students how to link records to NFS.

      Gaylon