670Re: [AQ_NFS] Change of Gender

  • Terry Smith
    Nov 3, 2010
      Dear nFS user...

      Gender modification requires a little care. You will find out that
      nFS has a LOT of people that are female that have been added and
      ordinances performed who were in fact males. Right now, you have to
      contact the church for repair on those persons, you will need a PID
      and it would be wise to have a actual source for the change.

      In AQ it is another issue. You will need to write down the RINs for
      the associated reversed persons, husband and wife, and record their
      marriage date. If there is a lot of in formation a Family Group Print
      out would be appropriate, and helps to realighn the children as well.

      Then you go to the marriage and delete the marriage. At that point
      the spouse will disappear.... if their are mulple spouses you will
      need to do for ALl OF THEM otherwise you will not be able to alter the
      sex.

      Then start with the peson you are on. Select them and change the sex
      from what it is to what it should be. Find the spouse(s) and do like
      wise because they are wrong too.

      Then reconnect the spouses, and add back the children being certain to
      change their surnames as they may be wrong too.

      If you are having trouble, I would recommend that you do a
      check/repair first in case there is something wrong in the marriage
      links. Save your data FIRST. Always do a back up before performing
      these steps... save yourself heart ache by ALWAYS performing backups.
      Your family is too important to take changes with, and computers are
      anything but reliable.... <Grin!> That's the voice of experience!!

      Best regards... Terry