665RE: [AQ_NFS] check for changes

  • emregister
    Nov 1, 2010
      Leslie,

      I appreciate your comments. I will explore further.

      Regarding ordinances. Why not simply use the batch feature, let AQ check
      all reservations and then update automatically. I started from my home page
      and it took only 5 clicks and no typing and all of my 500+ reservations were
      checked and updated. Hurray for AQ.

      Eric

      Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] check for changes

      I use check for changes multiple times a day.

      What this feature is doing is checking NFS to see if there have been any
      changes to it since you last synced your selected individuals. Those changes
      could be anything from someone combining or uncombining or adding another
      opinion to editing to temple ordinances completed.

      I suppose it is possible to check for changes for all individuals in your
      data base, but I would not recommend it, unless you have only a couple of
      hundred individuals in your system.

      You need to select some individuals you want to check. You select them the
      same way you would select any other type of list. And then you check for any
      changes on nfs and you can choose to import those changes or not.

      I have too many individuals to do all the temple work myself, so I reserve
      it for temple file through AQ. When I do that a statement submitted01Nov2010
      appears in the date field of the temple ordinance. I check for changes to
      see if the temple work has been done.

      I select any temple ordinance date equals submitted and currently I have 202
      individuals in which ANY temple ordinance field is submitted. Then I check
      for changes and as the temple work is done I am able to see that and import
      it into my data base.

      Caution--it seems when a parent has say a sealing date that says submitted
      and all other ordinances are complete, and a child is baptized, not only the
      child appears, but so do the parents in my check for changes list.

      Also periodically you have to do a check/repair on your data base because
      sometimes there are NO changes and the same folks keep popping up over and
      over again.

      Of course there are other types of lists that I use to check for changes but
      the submitted ordinance one is the one I use most often

      Leslie