600Re: link sync screen select text

  • bob.penry
    Jul 19, 2010
      There is a much better tool available in the Windows Operating System than Print Screen. It is the Snipping Tool. It is much like SnagIt, but it is free. It is only available on Vista Home Premium and Windows 7. If you qualify, then go to this website to learn how to load it from the Control Panel and use it: Great little utility. I use it all the time when I am doing research for entry into AQ.

      http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/microsoft/ht/snippingtool.htm

      --- In AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Barrett" <jerry.barrett@...> wrote:

      > Ken,
      >
      > My screen print utility can capture text or images. It is able to correctly
      > fetch text from the sync screen. Here is an example of text so fetched:
      >
      > Record in FamilySearch Family Tree database
      > Jacob Siler
      > Jacob "Jake" Siler
      > Cripple Jake
      > K4G7-G3Q (Other IDs: 3)

      > 12 Jun 1843, Whitley Co., Ky.
      > 12 Jun 1843, , , Whitley, Ky
      >
      > [Data Not Provided]
      >

      > 11 Sep 1850, , Whitley, Kentucky. 9
      > 31 Aug 1860, Cumberland River, Whitley, Kentucky. 17, farmer
      > 1 Jun 1880, Boston, Whitley, Kentucky. 36, farmer
      > 6 Jun 1900, , Claiborne, Tennessee. 60, farmer

      > 22 Mar 1956, Salt Lake Utah
      > 22 Mar 1956, Salt Lake Utah
      > 19 Sep 1956, Salt Lake Utah [See 'Parents/Siblings' for details]
      > Ready [See 'Spouses/Children' for details]
      >
      > View FamilySearch Notes
      >
      > Perhaps you have a utility already on your computer to accomplish your task.
      > The screen print tool I use is SnagIt. It allows me to select all or part of a
      > screen to capture. Im sure there are others which allow you to caputre text.
      >
      > Jerry Barrett
      > Taylorsville, Utah

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic