573Re: Re: [AQ_NFS] Discussion Link Question

  • Tom Huber
    Jul 4, 2010
      On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 16:53:59 -0700, you wrote:

      >When logging on check out the "Whats new" and it will tell you that
      >this is already implemented. WHen two persons are sync'd OR if they
      >are unlinked, the discussion remains with the individual and will go
      >with the merge. And if seperated will remain with the person or
      >surname to which it was originally attached in the begining.
      >
      >What I would like to see NOTIFICATION. In my case, I have over
      >300,000 names in my database and many surnames. Keeping track of
      >discusions becomes a monsterous task without being notified that there
      >is a reply to your inquiry. During the beta test, they did not
      >respond to my request. So it seems kinda useless to me. If you only
      >have a few surnames or discussions in your database, than it is not an
      >issue... Terry

      A number of us have sent in enhancement requests on this subject in
      nFS via Feedback. Not only would it be nice to be notified, but also
      be able to see which persons have an active discussion in the Family
      Tree view.

      My question is with regard to Ancestral Quest and what the interface
      will be with it for the discussions, or if there will even be one.

      To add to what you've said, if AQ could detect any addition to an
      existing discussion, that would help in your situation, especially if
      we could generate a report of those people in our tree who have a
      discussion and when it was last updated/entered.

      >>New FamilySearch now has a discussion page available to each person.
      >>Will some future version of Ancestral Quest be able to link and
      >>synchronize data with these discussion pages, and when do you expect
      >>to be able to implement it.
      >>
      >>Thanks,
      >>
      >>Tom
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic