572Re: [AQ_NFS] Discussion Link Question

  • Terry Smith
    Jul 4, 2010
      Dear Tom...

      When logging on check out the "Whats new" and it will tell you that
      this is already implemented. WHen two persons are sync'd OR if they
      are unlinked, the discussion remains with the individual and will go
      with the merge. And if seperated will remain with the person or
      surname to which it was originally attached in the begining.

      What I would like to see NOTIFICATION. In my case, I have over
      300,000 names in my database and many surnames. Keeping track of
      discusions becomes a monsterous task without being notified that there
      is a reply to your inquiry. During the beta test, they did not
      respond to my request. So it seems kinda useless to me. If you only
      have a few surnames or discussions in your database, than it is not an
      issue... Terry

      On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 16:30:20 -0600, you wrote:

      >New FamilySearch now has a discussion page available to each person.
      >Will some future version of Ancestral Quest be able to link and
      >synchronize data with these discussion pages, and when do you expect
      >to be able to implement it.
      >
      >Thanks,
      >
      >Tom
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic