534Medieval Research and Sy

  • bob.penry
    Jun 8, 2010
      Gaylon, here is an example of the problem as you requested.

      Henry III Plantagenet, King of England, born 1 Oct 1207 and died 16 Nov 1270 Winchester Palace, England - married to Eleanor of Provence.
      If you chose the upload and try to sync, 47 possibles appear. Not too long a search to obtain the list, less than 2 minutes on high speed cable. The first NFS-ID which appears is KNQB-KYH. If you look this one up in NFS and ask to see the combined records for just this one ID, the system says that 1195 records were combined. If you click on this particular record, it just sits and spins until you end up with a no response message on AQ. The unfortunate thing about European royalty is that this is more or less a universal problem. I currently have about 516 names that give the same frustrating result. Unfortunately the ID I would like to add is already on the list so hitting the search button and entering the PID didn't do anything. I have the latest version of AQ. Don't know if it matters or not, but my file is PAF. Why? Before I purchased AQ, I was using another 3rd party product (which will remain unnamed) to synchronize PAF to NFS. I liked it because of the ability to choose many records for searching at a time and liked the returned format (I have nearly 50,000 records so time was important.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic