248Re: [AQ_NFS] changed records

    Nov 4, 2009
      Eric:

      The version # is not the NFS PID.

      AQ does not show you the version #. It is there, and it changes whenever
      anything affects the NFS record.

      Sort of.

      Prior to the August release of NFS, the version number changed when
      anything affecting the person changed, including relationships. After
      the August release of NFS, the version number no longer changes when a
      person's relationships change, so it has a less complete meaning now.

      By the way, if you use the Family Sync screen of AQ, and notice that
      there are parents or children on the NFS side with the name of
      "Unknown", this is due to the way AQ is expecting the version # to
      change for relationships, and when it no longer does, AQ's family sync
      logic is thrown off if a relationship has changed. The work-around for
      this is to turn off NFS caching within AQ, so that AQ won't rely on the
      version number anymore. The next build of AQ will largely disable NFS
      caching so you won't have to be concerned about this.

      Gaylon