247RE: [AQ_NFS] changed records

  • register
    Nov 4, 2009

      That is a big help. I have used the change log since day 1 and find it
      great. Only 1 question:

      I don't understand what you mean by the version # of NFS record. This does
      not sound like the NFSID,. Or is it? Can I see the version #?

      Eric

      Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] changed records

      Eric:

      AQ currently has three things in place to handle this. Well, 2 are fully
      in place, and the third is partially implemented.

      1) When you sync a record w/ NFS, AQ records the current version # of
      the NFS record. When you use the "Check for Changes" button, AQ compares
      these version #s against the current version # on NFS. If the NFS record
      sports a new version, then AQ lets you know that something has changed
      in the NFS record. I am not sure that this is 100% reliable, but it is a
      good start.

      2) AQ also records, when you sync w/ NFS, the current status of the main
      events in your AQ or PAF file. We hope to someday have AQ compare that
      snapshot of information with the current information in your file, so AQ
      can alert you that changes have been made on the local side. This is
      only half done, so you can't use it yet.

      3) AQ has had, for 6 years now, the ability to record details about
      every change you make to the file. This is only available for an AQ
      file. The PAF file has a form of this which will tell you which records
      have changed, but won't record the details. This less detailed form of a
      change log has been around in both AQ and PAF since 1999. In either
      case, go into the Preferences screen, then to the Database tab and turn
      on the Change Log.

      Gaylon