214Re: [AQ_NFS] Updating AQ with ordinances from nFS

  • Scott Scheibe
    Sep 29, 2009
      At 09:35 AM 9/25/2009, Gaylon Findlay wrote:

      As near as I can tell it usually happens when I have either
      reviewed and updated a lot of records or added several new
      people. Often it won't let you proceed until running check and
      repair. I've also noticed if I do a lot of work for a couple of
      hours AQ becomes unstable. Occasion I find a NFS record that when I
      try to sync with it will cause AQ to crash, usually I can go back in
      a day or so and then access it. The more people that have been
      merged the longer it takes to load it and the more likely AQ will
      crash or freeze up, or NFS after a very long time will time out. It
      is so bad that I can't sync any of my ancestry in the original
      colonies and most families prior to 1800 are risky as they have 100+
      people merged in most cases.
      I need to find my notes, there is a particular family I was
      having trouble with where if you look at the parents it shows all the
      children are synced but if you go to some of the children in they
      aren't shown linked to their parents although they were previously
      with no problem. This was found on reviewing records. Attempting to
      get them linked to their parents eventually caused AQ to crash twice
      and I gave up and haven't gone back to it since. I've had other
      things keeping me busy.

      >No. The "short text" errors have to do with information AQ stores about
      >NFS for future use. As far as we can tell, when these errors happen,
      >they don't cause any real problem in the database. We keep hoping that
      >either our staff or a user will eventually find a pattern to what causes
      >these so we can get them fixed, but in the meantime they seem harmless.
      >Scott Scheibe wrote:
      > > At 04:26 PM 9/21/2009, Paul, Incline Support wrote:
      > >
      > > Does this have anything to do with why I occasionally get dire
      > > messages about short text errors?

      Scott Scheibe

      Descendants of Capt. Henry WOODWARD
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic