1719Re: [AQ_NFS] Searching for entries in Other Events

    Jul 25 8:37 AM
      I should a couple notes on updating fields that have "Completed" in
      them, or, for that matter, "Not Needed". I have run across information
      that a person did not die before the age of 8 and therefore needed the
      saving ordinances completed by proxy. The ORTS system would not update
      "Not Needed". I asked Gaylon about this and he reported that he
      searches only for dates, but not text in the date field. If he did,
      the update process would take even more time than it does not.

      You can search for "Not Needed" under "Any date" in the Advanced
      Filter/Focus feature of AQ. The same is true for Completed. Then you
      can use the list produced and check to see if the Temple system has an
      actual date in those fields.

      Tom

      On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 08:02:57 -0600, you wrote:

      >Leslie
      >
      >In the Advances Filter/Focus Field selections, select Define. From Possible
      >Fields: select User Events, and move it into the Current filter. Click on
      >Type, then OK. From the next list, select Confirmation, Confirmation (LDS)
      >or Initiatory (LDS), or any combination of events found in your event list.
      >
      >Dale McIntyre
      >
      >Link to my blog, AQWillDo <http://aqwilldo.wordpress.com>, then *Follow AQ
      >Will Do*, for help on using *Ancestral Quest* genealogical software. There
      >is no charge. Unsubscribe at any time.
      >

      >On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:56 PM, 'Leslie Vaughn' Leslievaughn@...
      >[AQ_NFS] <AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >

      >> As I update ordinances on AQ under the Familysearch tab, I have chosen
      >> to add the confirmation and initiatory dates and temples to the local
      >> file. This puts that information in other events. I wish there were
      >> fields for those events under LDS Ordinances, but that is another subject
      >> for another time.
      >>
      >> What I don’t want in the other events are such words as completed or in
      >> progress. So as I update the ordinances I click skip for those terms. I
      >> have noticed that I few times I accidently clicked update instead of skip
      >> and that information that I didn’t want populated went into the other
      >> events field. When the work was complete the dates and temple populate the
      >> other events field also but do not override previous entries such as in
      >> progress. So now I have two entries for confirmation: one that says “in
      >> progress” and one that gives the date and the temple.
      >>
      >> I would like an automatic override, so that there is only one entry for
      >> confirmation and only one entry for initiatory.
      >>
      >> Barring that or until we get that I would like to search my data base for
      >> the words In progress or any other information that is in Other Fields.
      >> I know there must be a way to search that but I cannot find anything in the
      >> Help menu and I don’t see other events listed in the field filtering
      >>

      >> Can someone help me figure out how to search for a term in other events?
      >>
      >> Thanks
      >>
      >> Leslie Vaughn

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic