1694A question and a suggestion re: Reserve Ordinances

  • bcpalmer60
    Jun 2, 2014

      A question and a suggestion re: Reserve Ordinances

      First of all, I think your tool is awesome, and I am having LOTS of fun helping people find names to submit to the temple who have never had that opportunity because their tree was full, and they came from very active families in the Church. I am a Family History Center Director, and we are going to start holding classes on using your tool to find names to submit to the temple.

      As mentioned, I’m finding lots of names using the Ordinance Reservation and Tracking System: Reserve Ordinances functionality. I am using the techniques in your video for doing descendancy research, and finding names in FamilySearch Family Tree that need ordinances. (See: http://www.inclinesoftware.net/files/FindingTempleNames/FindingNamesForTemple.html )

      I have a question about how this tool works… From the Reserve Ordinances window, I first did an Add à Add all Qualified Local Records

      Then, I do a Remove à “All Records with all ordinances completed or unreservable”.

      When I do this, it will indeed remove many records from the Reserve Ordinances workbench.

      However, my question is: after doing the Remove à All Records with all ordinances completed or unreservable, I still see many records where all their ordinances are complete or unreservable. Below is a sample of some that are still found after doing the remove – am I missing something? Why weren’t these removed?

      Dup Checked

      Ready

      X+

      -+

      X+

      I also have a suggested enhancement: It would be great to have one or two additional options for removing records from the Reserve Ordinances workbench:

      ·        Remove all individuals born in past 110 years

      ·        Remove all individuals born in past 110 years, unless close relative*

      *A close relative would indicate a direct ancestor or their siblings and spouses (aunts and uncles), where you are likely to know relatives that you can contact to get permission to do the work.

      Brian Palmer

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic