      From: "Teresa Davis" <tadbit@...>
      To: "AQ NFS" <AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 6:23:21 PM
      Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] create PDF file of descendents

      And I always thought the ! at the beginning told my printer to pick up that paragraph and print it when I wanted the notes printed. And I thought the ~ meant it was private and the printer would not print those notes (or share in a gedcom).

      So what is the ~ used for now?

      Teresa

      On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 6:51 PM, Dale McIntyre <dcmc1945@...> wrote:

      Bill

      The ! at the beginning of a paragraph of notes makes that paragraph private. You can then choose whether to print private notes.

      Dale

      Link to my blog, AQWillDo, then Follow, for help on using Ancestral Quest genealogical software.  There is no charge.  Unsubscribe at any time.

      On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Bill <kimbuc4@...> wrote:

      Tom,

      I haven't had any trouble with creating PDF's until this current Release.

      Now it is really screwy and since I am not one of the more computer literate people it makes it worse.

      I tried to send this person a descendant listing, it looks great on my system, but was sort of jumbled up and she couldn't read it.

      She sent it back to me and I couldn't make it out either.

      As to your comment about the book thing. I seldom if ever create a book using the canned version. It pulls data from my notes and makes it look like I haven't a clue as to what I am doing. My notes contain raw data and not all the descriptions are in nice prose. Notes are Notes and not English composition for me, they are just notes.

      i.e, 2013, Shirley was on the fall deans list at the University of Missouri. Should I put it in the book I would construct the sentence a bit different.

      Thanks for your note.

      Bill Buchholz
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/531e31c1d75631c03eb8st04duc

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic