1605Re: [AQ_NFS] Importing data from FamilyTree

  • S Douglas Cline
    Feb 19, 2014

      I have to agree whole heartedly.  FamilySearch is a wonderful tool to allow the processing of names for temple work and is also a wonderful resource for “possible” family links to research and prove.  It provides wonderful capabilities to document information, add notes and photos.

      But it should certainly not be used as a primary or even a secondary source.  My personal experience and my experience with others who I have tried to help is that a very high and unacceptable percentage of the information on FamilySearch is either inaccurate, dead wrong, or even seemingly fabricated.

      What I have said does not diminish FamilySearch as a tool and as a resource, but it should, not at least in its present state, ever be used as a documented source.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic