1575Re: [AQ_NFS] Identifying other contributors

    Jan 19, 2014
      I don't know if you are correct or not. The FamilySearch references do
      not help much, except to indicate the the contributions/changes were
      made in the older system. Tracking changes is handled differently in
      FamilySearch FamilyTree and that is through the change log, which
      exists for every person and the changes made in the new system.

      When I work in the system, I am primarily interested in making sure
      the information is correct and has been validated.

      Thanks to a little feature in AQ, I discovered that some "contributor"
      had deleted persons from my family as "incorrect". Unfortunately, that
      person did not provide any evidence, but because of the way that the
      new system works, I could restore the deleted persons. I also added
      information regarding the evidence I had for the persons being
      restored (which was considerable). I will need to closely watch those
      persons and if it happens again, have Salt Lake "lock" the records.

      By the way, the contributor who did the deletions did not provide any
      contact information, so I could not contact them.

      On 19 Jan 2014 06:17:54 -0800, you wrote:

      >Am I right in thinking that the only way to find the contact details for other contributors to merged records is by going to "new.familysearch". Looking at the latest changes in FT simply provides links to myself for recent changes and to familysearch for earlier ones. Am I missing something?
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic