1564Re: [AQ_NFS] New build of AQ 14

    Dec 22, 2013
      If you have fully documented all of your changes, and provided sources
      in Family Tree, open a help ticket and ask that the record be locked
      and that any changes to be made are routed through you. But make sure
      that you have fully documented everything in Family Tree.

      I had a problem with one of my lines and didn't have to go that far,
      although the option was open to me. What I did was to write to each
      person who contributed the misinformation and asked them to provide
      sources, that I wanted to make sure that my own information was
      complete. That one act, asking for the documentation to "prove" the
      misinformation was correct, stopped all attempts to "correct" the
      information I had put into the file.

      Because there had been some assumptions made from information
      published in a county history, I documented the reason why that
      information could not be trusted -- that it was speculation on the
      author's point of view, and that the author (of the county history)
      had provided no documentation to back up the speculation.

      The key to all of this is to document, document, document. And, if
      necessary, get the FamilySearch staff to lock the record so only you
      can make changes.

      Yes, they can do this -- they do it for celebrities who happen to have
      member descendants, largely to prevent those very few members from
      submitted work that is not theirs to do.

      Tom