1560Re: [AQ_NFS] Removing a place name drop menu entry

  • tmason1
    Dec 20, 2013

      The only way to remove incorrect misspelled names in the "place-name" drop down list is to remove them by editing the ancquest.ini file which is located in the hidden "C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Application Data\Incline Software\Ancestral Quest folder.

      The "Quick Entry" (Simple) does not allow Replacing of Place names in a PAF database.

      And even if the PAF database is converted to AQ the "Edit Quick Entry Place List" does not display the names contained in the window which opens when clicking on the down triangle that appears that appears at the right edge of the name field. Misspelled names and garbage entries remain in the drop down list until they are replaced with the next 40 new entries.

      The correct answer provided by Gaylon today, is to edit the ancquest.ini file.

      Thank you.

      Terry Mason

      Clermont FR

      ---In AQ_NFS@{{emailDomain}}, <dcmc1945@...> wrote:

      <snip>
      On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 9:30 PM, <tmason1@...> wrote:

      How do you remove a place name in the drop down option when it has be misspelled?

      For example:
      Prospect Hill Cemetery, Front Royal, Warren, Virginia
      is misspelled as Prospect Hil Cemetery, Front Royal, Warren, Virginia

      Since the misspelled listing of Hil comes before Hill I am unable to type in "Pr" and get what I want.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic