1559Re: [AQ_NFS] New build of AQ 14

  • Dale McIntyre
    Dec 20, 2013

      Regarding the first adjustment which you listed. How about an option to choose to cancel the second step at the beginning of the process, instead of when the second step begins. This would allow unattended use of the Import Family Lines feature by those not wanting to import that information. This becomes meaningful when a user asks for a large number of generations to be imported.

      I guess I should add that I didn't try it before I wrote this, so I don't know if you already do that. Sorry, but this is a "pressed for time" morning.

      Dale

      Link to my blog, AQWillDo, then Follow, for help on using Ancestral Quest genealogical software.  There is no charge.  Unsubscribe at any time.

      Reduce Oxidative Stress by an average of 40% in 30 Days. Link to this 11 minute video of ABC Primetime from 2005 to see how, then contact me: Dale McIntyre, LifeVantage Independent Distributor. Protandim is sold only by LifeVantage Independent Distributors. To order, Click Here.

      On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Gaylon Findlay <gfindlay@...> wrote:

      All:

      We just released build 17 of AQ 14. There were a couple of minor tweaks to some features, but the primary new change is that the Import Family Lines feature has been upgraded.

      If you use the automated import of ancestral lines, you'll primarily notice two adjustments:

      1) The process now runs in 2 passes. First, AQ will import all the requested individuals, except for the LDS ordinance information. Once this is complete, it will go back and gather the LDS ordinances if you are logged into FamilySearch with an LDS account. If you do not want to import LDS ordinances, simply cancel this 2nd process at any time while it runs.

      2) The process now faithfully imports the relationships as stored in Family Tree, with one exception: if Family Tree has recorded that a person is his/her own parent, AQ will not import such parents. For example, if Robert (ID xxx-yyy) shows, as parents,  Robert (ID xxx-yyy) and Mary (ID xxx-zzz), AQ will not import Robert and Mary to be parents of Robert. Prior to this build, the automated Import Family Lines feature did not always faithfully replicate relationships from Family Tree.

      As I did some testing of this adjusted import, I was amazed at some of the convoluted relationships in my tree. Someone has combined every person with a particular name within a 40 year span of each other, so AQ picks up dozens of sets of parents. In some cases, users of Family Tree had merged people in such a way as to cause this person to be his own father in a couple of these situations. AQ skips these, but otherwise provides you with a local copy of what is in the Family Tree.

      I believe that at this point, AQ is the only software that will replicate the ancestral lines from Family Tree into a local database.

      Gaylon Findlay
      Incline Software

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic