1550Re: [AQ_NFS] Problems connecting with FamilySearch FamilyTree

    Dec 18, 2013
      I just verified that AQ does cancel a request when you click on the "Cancel" button in a case like this.

      What it doesn't always do, is cancel subsequent requests in a series of requests. If you encounter a situation where you get the cURL message, and it doesn't seem to cancel, please send to me directly (not to this list) a description of exactly what you are doing, and what screen you are working with, when you get the message.

      For example, if you are looking at the "Review and Selectively Sync Individual..." screen, then click on the "Parents/Siblings" button, AQ may go through a series of requests to FamilySearch such as:

      1) Get the family structure for this family
      2) Get the record of the father
      3) Get the record of the mother
      4) Get the LDS ordinances for the father
      5) Get the LDS ordinances for the mother
      6) Get the record of the first child
      7) Get the LDS ordinances for the first child
      8) Repeat steps 6 and 7 for all remaining children

      Let's say that in this sequence, FamilySearch starts having trouble just as AQ is about to perform step 5 above, so you get a cURL message that indicates that FamilySearch is currently not responding. If you retry, AQ will likely finish step 5, then continue. If you cancel, AQ will skip step 5, but then continue on to attempt step 6. If FamilySearch is still unresponsive,  you'll get another cURL message for step 6, but if FamilySearch has become responsive again, AQ will just continue to get the remaining information. But because you canceled the request of step 5, you won't see ordinance information for the mother on AQ's screen. (And then you'll call AQ support and ask, "Why doesn't AQ show the ordinance information for the mother?" What our support person won't know, is that you canceled the request for ordinances :-)  )

      What I am hearing is, that if FamilySearch becomes unresponsive, and you get a cURL warning during a sequence such as outlined above, you'd rather have AQ completely abort the load of the family, not just cancel the specific step it is going through, as it currently does.

      Gaylon