1542Re: [AQ_NFS] Problems connecting with FamilySearch FamilyTree

    Dec 17, 2013
      Thanks for the suggestion, Jim,

      Yeah, I can do that, but I do not like to force AQ to close if it is
      in the middle of doing something. That tends to corrupt the local
      database and that's not good.

      Best regards,

      Tom

      On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 13:51:40 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

      >Right mouse click on the Ancestral Quest Icon on the task bar at the bottom and click on close window.  It will end your session, but it will also get you out the the loop as described above.
      >Jim
      >

      >On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 12:10 PM, Terry Smith <tdsfamgen100@...> wrote:
      >

      >Yes...
      >
      >It will not cancel here either!
      >
      >On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 13:04:37 -0600, you wrote:
      >
      >>Thanks to some problems with FamilySearch, I've experienced problems
      >>connecting with FamilySearch FamilyTree. I expect this to be
      >>temporary, but I have a request.
      >>
      >>When I attempt to cancel the connection at the message:
      >>
      >>"cURL unable to connect AQ to FamilySearch.
      >>couldn't connect to host
      >>Would you like to retry?"
      >>
      >>I am offered "Retry" and "Cancel"
      >>
      >>I hit retry to first time and the system retried.
      >>On the second and subsequent failures, I hit "Cancel" but instead of
      >>cancelling the attempt to connect, the system continued to "retry"
      >>
      >>Either the original "Retry" was not overridden or something. Pressing
      >>Cancel should, in my opinion, stop all efforts to connect with
      >>FamilySearch and return control to AQ.
      >>
      >>Has anyone else experienced this problem?
      >>
      >>Thanks,
      >>
      >>Tom

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic