1481Re: [AQ_NFS] AQ Getting Closer to Share+ Certification

  • Dale McIntyre
    Nov 6, 2013

      This looks good. I do have a question. I have never known exactly what the church means by "other interactions with community members of FamilySearch Family Tree,' in their explanation of Tree Share + certification. What does that entail?

      Dale

      Link to my blog, AQWillDo, then Follow, for help on using Ancestral Quest genealogical software.  There is no charge.  Unsubscribe at any time.

      Reduce Oxidative Stress by an average of 40% in 30 Days. Link to this 11 minute video of ABC Primetime from 2005 to see how, then contact me: Dale McIntyre, LifeVantage Independent Distributor. Protandim is sold only by LifeVantage Independent Distributors. To order, Click Here.

      On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 9:17 PM, Gaylon Findlay <gfindlay@...> wrote:

      If any of you are keeping score, AQ is getting very close to being Family Tree Share+ certified.

      I have just put out a new patch file, so that if you are interested in looking at the latest enhancements, you can.

      This patch file provides all the functionality needed for showing the changes and history of records in Family Tree. If you'd like to look at this new feature, download this file:

      Then unzip the contents (2 files) into your AQ program folder, which is:

      C:\Program Files\Incline Software\Ancestral Quest 14

      if you are on a 32-bit version of Windows, or a slightly different name if you are using a 64-bit version of Windows. It is something like:

      C:\Program Files (x86)\Incline Software\Ancestral Quest 14

      Once you have unzipped this file, you can run AQ, and you should see today's date (11/5/13) in the "About" screen under the Help menu.

      What to look for:

      * On the "Review/Selectively Sync Individual" screen, there is a new "Changes" button that will let you see the entire change history for a person, and allow you to Restore previous versions of data if you wish.

      * If you click on a Family Tree fact, such as Birth or Death, you'll now see a "History" tab, that will let you see the history of that particular event. And again, you will be able to restore a previous version of that fact.

      * If you replace data in Family Tree from your file, you will have a chance to send a "Reason" for the change to FamilySearch as you have in the past, but in addition, you will see the name of the contributor of the data being replaced, along with the reason that person gave for providing that information.

      * Prior to a Merge in Family Tree, you will now see not only the primary/duplicate data to be preserved, but also the names of contributors and reasons for the data you are looking at.

      * Oh -- and one little side benefit. If you look at the complete list of Changes for a person, if those changes include Notes that were entered in nFS, you will now see those notes.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic