      From: Gaylon Findlay
      To: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups. <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com> com
      Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 5:24 PM
      Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] Temple Mode

      James:

      Just in case anyone on the group missed the announcement, let me not
      only answer your question, but give background.

      About 10 days ago, we released a new build of AQ 12.1 with some major
      new LDS features. AQ now has a "Helper" mode that will allow a FHC
      consultant to sign in to help someone else, and AQ now has a new LDS
      Temple "Ordinance Reservation and Tracking System", which allows you to:

      1) Easily check your ancestors ordinance codes against the official
      temple records
      2) If any ancestors are missing ordinances, then reserve the ordinances
      either for you to manage or for the temples to manage
      3) If you goof, unreserve ordinances
      4) Print FORs
      5) Reprint ordinance cards
      6) Assign ordinance cards to others. AQ has an inventory control system
      for these cards.
      7) Easily update your records with the official temple records once
      ordinances are performed.
      8) Enable a "Temple Mode" to make steps 1 and 2 easier

      To enable the Temple Mode, go to AQ's "FamilySearch" menu, click on
      "Ordinance Reservation and Tracking System", then select "Enable Temple
      Mode". Once this is enabled, then on both the Pedigree and Family view
      screens, each name will show a temple icon indicating whether the
      ordinances are all complete or whether some are ready to be done. You
      can simply click on the temple icon to access the official temple
      records to start the above process.

      And you can view an overview of this process here:

      http://www.ancestra
      <http://www.ancestralquestonline.com/Tutorials/12-1ORTS/ORTS_Simple.html>
      lquestonline.com/Tutorials/12-1ORTS/ORTS_Simple.html

      and see a written description of the process here:

      http://www.ancquest
      <http://www.ancquest.com/downloads/Ordinance%20Reservation%20Overview.pdf>
      .com/downloads/Ordinance%20Reservation%20Overview.pdf

      Gaylon

      James Pitt wrote:
      > Hi Gaylon
      >
      > What is this "Temple Mode" and how do I switch it on ? It is all moving
      forward so fast I am
      > Kind Regards
      >
      > James Pitt
      > Lyndhurst Road
      > Amesbury
      > Wiltshire
      > SP4 7PG (33)
      > Tel: 01980 590876
      > Mbl: 07881 684839
      > Email: jim.pitt47@ntlworld <mailto:jim.pitt47%40ntlworld.com> .com

      However, having turned it on, it does not verify if the person is still
      alive or not. It indicates that all 3 of my children need to have ordinances
      done. All three were BIC and two have been baptized, but are too young to be
      endowed. I'm not too sure how others feel, but there may be a need (or is it
      really a want) to have code added so that it follows the Church's position
      on doing ordinances (i.e. if no death date, then ordinances should not be
      done until the person is 110-years-old (I'm not entirely sure on the exact
      amount of years, so please forgive me if I am wrong)).

      > > I know that usually on NFS you can't see ordinance information for
      living people (not even for yourself), so maybe another icon needs to be
      created that the person is or may be still living.