1257Re: [AQ_NFS] removing a wife

    Apr 6, 2013
      Thanks for the reply. I'll study your suggestion and see if I can make it work, but I have my doubts.

      When I looked at the combined records for Amanda Margaret, it has been merged 14 times. Twelve are correct, and numbers 13 and 14 are for my Amanda (no other names). I have tried various ways to just remove Amanda Margaret from my line and that should do the trick. She is what is causing the problem, as she is with my line and her own. Because I have tried so many things it is now  messed up and I have little hope of making it right.I think my best bet is to send the request off to Support and let them handle it.

      From: "mkitchen@..." <mkitchen@...>
      To: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, April 6, 2013 3:52:24 PM
      Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] removing a wife

      If the problem is because of a merge in family tree, and there has not been changes to the data since the merge, look at the recent changes, then click "show all" and there will be an unmerge button.
      However if the problem is because of an inappropriate combining, go to new.familysearch.org to examine the "combined records" and determine which PID's should be removed to properly separate the two women. Then follow Knowledge document (KD) 106612 and send the information to support.familysearch.org for data administration people to do the separation.

      KD 106612 can be found by clicking help and entering that number in the question window. But I include it here:
      "
      Document ID: 106612
      A record has information for more than one person
      Symptoms (Problems)

      There are many names in one record that need to be separated.
      An incorrectly combined record contains the details and relationships of more than one person.
      One record contains several different people.
      My ancestor is mixed up with other people.

      Answer (Resolution)

      Most changes can now be made in *Family Tree . However, if in your relative's combined record found in new.FamilySearch, you can determine that there are 2 or more individuals represented, follow the steps below to detail and report the problem.
      Find your relative in new.FamilySearch
      Record the Person identifier number of the person.
      From the Summary tab for your relative, click Combined records(found at the bottom of the page)
      Note:Each column on the Combined records screen represents a single record that was combined to create this person. Toward the bottom of the column you will find the Person identifier number of that record. These numbers will help you identify to us which records you want us to review.
      Record the Person Identifier numbers of each column that does NOT represent your relative and explain why. (In some cases it may be easier to tell us which columns DO represent your relative)
      Provide your name, birthdate, Contact name, and Helper access number. (See instruction below to find your Contact name and Helper access number)
      Send an e-mail to support@... detailing the problem from the information you have recorded and, if possible, include (attach) a family group sheet showing the correct family structure. eg. Your relative, their spouse, children and parents. In the subject of your e-mail include a statement like "Record xxxx-xxx has information for more than one person", replacing xxxx-xxx with the identifier you recorded in step 2.
      Finding your Contact name or Helper access number:

      From the Home page of the new FamilySearch:
      Click Update My Profile and Preferences.
      Enter your password.
      Scroll down to the bottom of the Profile window to view your Contact name and Helper access number.
      "
      The data administration people are very helpful in separating people who have been wrongly combined.
      Symptoms to look for using AQ (because AQ shows you all the data):
      more than one set of parents
      husbands that don't belong to your ancestor
      too many or wrong children
      wide range of birth or death dates or places
      etc.
      Merlin Kitchen