      From: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      Mary-Theresa Dameron
      Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 3:24 PM
      To: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [AQ_NFS] syncing FT and nFS

      My understanding from reading was that effective on October 31st, the
      combine and/or separate feature is no longer active in New FamilySearch.
      When opening the link in AQ, the program refers me to Family Tree.

      From: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com>
      Of
      Gaylon Findlay
      Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2012 7:54 PM
      To: AQ NFS

      I haven't heard anything official about whether the combine capability would
      be removed from the FamilySearch API, and therefore from AQ's ability to
      provide it. From various things I had heard, I assumed that the combine
      capability would have been blocked by now, but just the other day I tested
      this to be sure, and it is still there. You have already heard this from
      others, but I think this is an important preface to the other observations I
      am making:

      I believe that when you currently combine nFS records using AQ, that this
      combining is also reflected in the Family Tree. For example, if you are
      combining record "AAAA-BBB" with "CCCC-DDD", one of these two records will
      seemingly disappear, as it is combined with the other. And I think it will
      not only be removed from view in nFS, but in the Family Tree as well.

      Based on the information posted on nFS, I believe that FamilySearch would
      prefer that you use the Family Tree to merge people, but they have still
      made it available to combine using AQ. I think that when you combine records
      in nFS using AQ, that FamilySearch does a corresponding automatic merge in
      Family Tree to keep the two systems in sync.

      From: "S Douglas Cline" <clinesd@... <mailto:clinesd%40comcast.net>