1117Re: [AQ_NFS] syncing FT and nFS

  • tomhuber.yah@gmail.com
    Nov 10, 2012
      Make sure that you have set the correct data from AQ with "Set Family
      Tree" _before_ you examine the records in Family Tree. It will make a
      significant difference in what you see.

      I am not seeing any of the problems you are suggesting are happening
      when I combine in AQ. I always make sure that the right data is then
      showing "set".

      Tom

      On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 11:45:15 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

      >When I tried combing in AQ and then checked FT the data was not changed. FT is already combined, and if data is not correct, then check the upper section of the right hand column where they list other possible matches. There are seldom any names there in my lines, but I have found a few. When checking these names they were not a match.
      >

      >I find using the combining feature in AQ to be a waste of time now, except for your own records. FT seems to have caught up to that feature, and you can correct any errors there in FT. All the other possible matches seem to have been removed or at least hidden. As long as the correct data is in FT the work that has been done is valid.
      >

      >I just checked to see what nFS says, and when I look to see what they say about duplicates, I see there is a notice "Please use Family Tree to identify and remove possible duplicates." To me that suggest they don't want to accept any more duplicates than what is on FT. Just my thought. :-) You can try one of your relatives and see what it looks like in FT.
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic