Re: Moderated Forum

  • rofraps@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 23, 2011
      My father & uncle worked at the Quaker Maid Plant until 1965 when we moved to the new facility in Horseheads, NY. My dad retired in 1980, two years prior to the "largest food processing plant under one roof" closed. I too worked there for approx. 7 years & was laid off when it closed. It remained basically empty until just a few years ago when it was bulldozed down & replaced with a big shopping plaza called "Southern Tier Crossing". I have pictures of it being built & its demise.
      Elaine

    • Kmaxson01@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 23, 2011
        I guess I don't know how this forum works...  I thought it was all about A&P history.  What does Quaker Maid have to do with it?  I wasn't aware that A&P and QM were affiliated in anyway...

        My father & uncle worked at the Quaker Maid Plant until 1965 when we moved to the new facility in Horseheads, NY. My dad retired in 1980, two years prior to the "largest food processing plant under one roof" closed. I too worked there for approx. 7 years & was laid off when it closed. It remained basically empty until just a few years ago when it was bulldozed down & replaced with a big shopping plaza called "Southern Tier Crossing". I have pictures of it being built & its demise.
        Elaine

        --- In APTEAHISTORY@yahoogroups.com, "apteahistory" <apteahistory@...> wrote:

        > I have changed you to unmoderated status, which means that you can post with it being approved first.
        >
        > Moderated status only means that your posts must be approved by an admin before it can be seen by others. This helps to keep SPAM out of the forum. The way to prove your interest is to post anything related to this company, whether that be information, questions, pictures, etc.
        >

        > --- In APTEAHISTORY@yahoogroups.com, Kmaxson01@ wrote:
        > >
        > > How do I prove that I'm interested? I definitely want to stay in touch! Karen (Smith) Maxson
        > >
        > > Once you have proven that you are actually interested in the A&P Historical Society and all things A&P, we will remove you from the moderated list.

      • Hunter McIntosh
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 23, 2011
          They weren't

          Hunter H. McIntosh
          Chief Operating Officer
          The Boat Company
          478 Osceola Avenue
          Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
          Phone (904)685-5882
          Fax (904)685-2120
          Cell (202)468-8055

          On Aug 23, 2011, at 3:28 PM, Kmaxson01@... wrote:

          I guess I don't know how this forum works...  I thought it was all about A&P history.  What does Quaker Maid have to do with it?  I wasn't aware that A&P and QM were affiliated in anyway...

          My father & uncle worked at the Quaker Maid Plant until 1965 when we moved to the new facility in Horseheads, NY. My dad retired in 1980, two years prior to the "largest food processing plant under one roof" closed. I too worked there for approx. 7 years & was laid off when it closed. It remained basically empty until just a few years ago when it was bulldozed down & replaced with a big shopping plaza called "Southern Tier Crossing". I have pictures of it being built & its demise.
          Elaine

          --- In APTEAHISTORY@yahoogroups.com, "apteahistory" <apteahistory@...> wrote:

          > I have changed you to unmoderated status, which means that you can post with it being approved first.
          >
          > Moderated status only means that your posts must be approved by an admin before it can be seen by others. This helps to keep SPAM out of the forum. The way to prove your interest is to post anything related to this company, whether that be information, questions, pictures, etc.
          >

          > --- In APTEAHISTORY@yahoogroups.com, Kmaxson01@ wrote:
          > >
          > > How do I prove that I'm interested? I definitely want to stay in touch! Karen (Smith) Maxson
          > >
          > > Once you have proven that you are actually interested in the A&P Historical Society and all things A&P, we will remove you from the moderated list.

        • beeaybay
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 25, 2011
            I beg to differ. Quaker Maid was a food processing company owned by A&P.

            http://freepages.folklore.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~docbratt/quakermaid.htm

            Ernie