Re: NEW VERSION WINAPRS 2.6.1

  • Beischel
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5, 2002
      If you want a full screen map, then spend another $16 and get UI-View. It now supports PM 5.0 so you get a better supported program, with a lot of add-on programs to make it do far more than any other APRS program...and the best part is the price. Updates and enhancements come out all the time.

      Regards,

      Duffy
      www.wb8nut.com

      p.s. - There is a Yahoo group for UI-View too.

      --- In APRS@y..., "w2dan" <w2dan@a...> wrote:
      > Hello I just update to Winaprs 2.6.1 and purchased Precision Map 5.0.
      > I do like the the new Precision Map. But my problem is I can not get
      > a full screen window of the map. Is anyone else haveing the same
      > problem?
      >
      > Dave
    • Jeffrey R. Lehman
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 5, 2002
        I just installed the new verswion of WinAPRS (2.6.1) and I love it. It
        hasa few more cool features then the previous versiaon had and works
        great on Win 2000.

        Jeff

        Jeffrey R. Lehman, KC8QCH
        E-Mail: KC8QCH@...
        Web: http://www.qsl.net/kc8qch
        Member: ARRL, Hamilton Co. Ohio ARPSC, FARA, SATERN, Cincinnati Salvation
        Army EDS,
        Greater Cincinnati Amateur Radio Assoc., OH-KY-IN Amateur Radio Society,
        North American Monitoring Assoc.

        On Mon, 05 Aug 2002 23:44:03 -0000 "Beischel" <wb8nut@...> writes:
        > If you want a full screen map, then spend another $16 and get
        > UI-View. It now supports PM 5.0 so you get a better supported
        > program, with a lot of add-on programs to make it do far more than
        > any other APRS program...and the best part is the price. Updates
        > and enhancements come out all the time.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Duffy
        > www.wb8nut.com
        >
        > p.s. - There is a Yahoo group for UI-View too.
        >
        > --- In APRS@y..., "w2dan" <w2dan@a...> wrote:
        > > Hello I just update to Winaprs 2.6.1 and purchased Precision Map
        > 5.0.
        > > I do like the the new Precision Map. But my problem is I can not
        > get
        > > a full screen window of the map. Is anyone else haveing the same
        >
        > > problem?
        > >
        > > Dave

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 6, 2002
          > I just installed the new verswion of WinAPRS (2.6.1)

          Where did you find it? My link (in my bookmarks) for WinAPRS
          doesn't seem to work. Also can you just load it over the old version and
          will your registration work?

          Mike

          Visit The My World of Radio Website at:
          http://miked2000.home.mindspring.com/radioindex.htm
        • Jeffrey R. Lehman
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 6, 2002
            Yes the Rutgers Site seems to be down. I found it on the TAPR FTP site.
            The address is ftp.tapr.org. You have to do some searching when you log
            in (Use and anonomous login) anbut you will find the full program and the
            updates. Just look for 2.6.1 and dowload it and install. I don;t know
            about the reg. I don;'t have mine reg. But I would assume that it would
            continue to work okay.

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 6, 2002
              > Yes the Rutgers Site seems to be down.

              Any idea what is going on with it? Just wondering

              > I found it on the TAPR FTP site

              Ok, thanks, I found it and downloading the updated