FW: Job Announcement - University of California - Berkeley

  • Windi Sasaki
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2008

      FYI

      Dear Colleagues,

      I am writing to ask for your help in identifying an ideal candidate for the position of Associate Vice Chancellor – for Residential and Student Service Programs, at the University of California, Berkeley.  Please feel free to share the attached announcement with those in your professional network who may have an interest in this exciting career opportunity.

      Among the requirements of the position, we are seeking the following:

      • An extensive background in student affairs and business;

      • Demonstrated leadership experience including in-depth knowledge of  strategic planning and implementation;

      • Highly sophisticated communication/people skills to work collaboratively and persuasively in sensitive situations; skills in conflict management;

      • Excellent knowledge of financial concepts, analysis and reporting techniques. Working knowledge of accounting, pro formas, cost-benefit models, budgeting, risk management, and debt financing and management;

      • Effective public speaking and presentation skills and executive presence;

      • Experience managing in a union environment and dealing with labor relations; and

      • Broad knowledge of management of both residential and retail dining operations, plus a general understanding of catering and conference business.

      Please have interested applicants contact Jesusita Alcorcha, Senior Recruiter at (510) 643-3442, should they have questions or wish to know more about this career opportunity.  I also recommend that interested parties visit the RSSP website at www.housing.berkeley.edu.

      Sincerely,

      Harry Le Grande

      Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs

      University of California, Berkeley