More defense, LAL vs. SAC

    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2001
      I looked at the closeout game and felt like Christie got scorched. Bryant
      just killed him, unlike in Game 3, when it was Jackson who got beat by
      Bryant. The numbers also had Fox getting beat a fair amount, though I
      didn't notice as much.

      Broadcasters said Jackson called Grant's defensive game on Webber a great
      game in Game 3, which jived with the numbers. In this one, I had Grant
      doing very little.

      I suppose keeping track of this kind of stats still misses one fundamental
      thing -- for players like Christie who defend the toughest guy every
      night, they will tend to have bad numbers. This is why Doug Steele's D
      numbers are a good idea -- he matches guys up and compares performance vs
      average.

      www.tsoft.com/~deano/index.html
      deano@...