Re: [APBR_analysis] Re: Intentional fouls

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29, 2002
      On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, alleyoop2 wrote:

      > Another good example of the league doing away with a rule that was
      > being used perversely is the Delay of Game call on last-minute
      > inbounds passes. They just changed it so in that specific instance
      > it's an automatic technical foul, and now nobody does it anymore.
      > Beautiful.

      I hadn't realized that they changed the rule, I guess I need to watch more
      games. Yeah, that's another example. Sometimes teams couldn't do the
      purposefuly Delay of Game because they'd already had a delay of game
      called on them earlier, due to holding onto the ball too long or batting
      it away or whatever. An almost total non sequitur, the prior delay of
      game call affecting the penalty for the intentional-delay-of-game-on-
      end-of-game-inbounds.