Re: hot handed van exel

  • mikel_ind
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2002
      Van Exel's offense has declined all year, after a fast start.

      Since going to Dallas, the dropoff has been more dramatic:

      team min. .FG% .FT% 3pt%
      Denv 38.6 .408 .782 .337
      Dall 28.4 .355 .704 .217

      In 3 of the 5 previous games, he was 0-7 or 1-7.

      His previous best game was 20 pts in 43 minutes, against his former
      team.

      I think Nick has your number.

      > Back to the hot hand/Nick Van Exel discussions we were having a
      couple of
      > weeks ago:
      >
      > The Sonics played the Mavericks, now featuring Van Exel, this
      Monday. Can
      > hot streaks be predicted? Most Sonics fans were probably
      predicting a hot
      > game for Van Exel, and so it was:
      >
      > 17 points, 6-12 shooting -- that doesn't sound hot.
      >

      > BUT:
      >
      > Van Exel played only 25 minutes, and was 3-4 on 3-pters and 2-2 on
      FTs.