Re: [APBR_analysis] Re: Confidence level

  • Dennis Keefe
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2002
      --- "Michael K. Tamada" <tamada@...> wrote:
      > real effect there, but
      > it may simply be one that we haven't found, due to
      > our small samples. So
      > we must be cautious about drawing conclusions with
      > small samples. Just
      > because no significant effect has been found doesn't
      > mean that the effect
      > doesn't exist.
      > --MKT

      As an intuitive tool, when reporting and comparing
      averages, I think reporting 95% confidence intervals
      for the averages would serve a useful
      function--they're easy to interpret (according to me)
      and I think they serve as a good reminder that we're
      often dealing with samples and trying to estimate
      parameters with some error involved.

      http://sports.yahoo.com