Re: beware of TENDEX

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 19, 2002
      Knowing about Heeren's protectiveness of Tendex (TM), I have
      generally used the term "linear weights" for Tendex(TM)-like
      systems. This is because baseball has a similar technique for adding
      good stuff and subtracting bad that is called linear weights. That
      baseball system is supposed to be an estimate where individual values
      sum to the team total of runs -- not just a value measure, as Tendex
      (TM) is. What weights are put on the different factors are up to the
      practicioners.

      In general, trademarked names means little unless you're making money
      by using it, which maybe Bob was coming close to doing with his db.

      DaveH was invited to join this group, but I never heard from him.
      Maybe I had a wrong email address, too.