Re: Box score order question

  • baqontraq1211
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 19, 2007
      I've been doing the the hard way. Picking through old newspapers
      trying to find box scores, game write ups, the rare analytical piece
      here and there. It seems there is always a simpler way you find
      after the fact that would have saved a lot of time and effort.

      In any case, right now I am just looking to take a comprehensive look
      at the lakers' 1959-60 season - the last one in Minneapolis. I'm
      basically just doing it as a fan.

      Ideally I will end up with:
      1.) Having seen a write up and box score for every game of the season.
      2.) Comprehensive and accurate (if possible)transaction log for the
      year for the Lakers.
      3.) League transactions for the year (which will also help me
      identify the unlisted DNPs for the box scores)

      The end goal is a personal "yearbook" of sorts. Getting one done
      should help making others easier.

      --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "A.P." <justapb@...> wrote:

      > How did you find those? And what are you doing with those numbers?
      >
      > baqontraq1211 <baqontraq1211@...> wrote: I have looked
      over older box scores and was wondering if there was any
      > rhyme or reason to the way players are listed.
      >
      > Specifically I am looking at the late 1950s and early 1960s at the
      > moment.
      >
      > Are the players listed in the order in which they appeared in the
      > game? e.g Starting 5 followed by substitutions in the order in
      which
      > they entered the game? Or is it completely random?
      >
      > Any insight would be be appreciated.
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      Search.

    • Patricio Raúl Minig
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 23, 2007
        Contratulations, great work. I'd love to do something like that, but from Argentina it's very difficult to do.
        Regards,
        Pato

        To: APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com
        From: baqontraq1211@...
        Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 03:45:27 +0000
        Subject: [APBR_analysis] Re: Box score order question

        I've been doing the the hard way. Picking through old newspapers
        trying to find box scores, game write ups, the rare analytical piece
        here and there. It seems there is always a simpler way you find
        after the fact that would have saved a lot of time and effort.

        In any case, right now I am just looking to take a comprehensive look
        at the lakers' 1959-60 season - the last one in Minneapolis. I'm
        basically just doing it as a fan.

        Ideally I will end up with:
        1.) Having seen a write up and box score for every game of the season.
        2.) Comprehensive and accurate (if possible)transactio n log for the
        year for the Lakers.
        3.) League transactions for the year (which will also help me
        identify the unlisted DNPs for the box scores)

        The end goal is a personal "yearbook" of sorts. Getting one done
        should help making others easier.

        --- In APBR_analysis@ yahoogroups. com, "A.P." <justapb@... > wrote:

        > How did you find those? And what are you doing with those numbers?
        >
        > baqontraq1211 <baqontraq1211@ ...> wrote: I have looked
        over older box scores and was wondering if there was any
        > rhyme or reason to the way players are listed.
        >
        > Specifically I am looking at the late 1950s and early 1960s at the
        > moment.
        >
        > Are the players listed in the order in which they appeared in the
        > game? e.g Starting 5 followed by substitutions in the order in
        which
        > they entered the game? Or is it completely random?
        >
        > Any insight would be be appreciated.

        Search.