FW: [BaseballNecrology] Holstein, James - Obit

  • Rod Nelson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 19, 2007

      http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/holstji01.html

      Gents – I don’t know if you guys are tracking comings and goings, but here’s one of those two-sport guys that came into our purview.

      Rod Nelson, SABR

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 20, 2007
        Thanks for the note Rod ... Ray Lebov, Executive Director of APBR, put a note on APBR's blog.

        Both the APBR_analysis list and the APBR list are supposed to be defunct (although for the past week some guys have been posting about box scores on the APBR list).  Instead of email lists, both groups communicate using blogs, for APBR_analysis the site is SonicsCentral.com/apbrmetrics, and for APBR it's apbr.org/forum.

        APBR_analysis is very similar to SABR's stats list, while APBR is similar to the general SABR list.  Obits such as the one you noted would best go to the APBR group rather than APBR_analysis.  The groups actually don't have much overlap, there's only about 4 or 5 people who post regularly on both groups; I don't know how many people read both blogs.

        --MKT
        (Reader of the SABR, SABR Statistical-Analysis, APBR, AND APBR_analysis groups)