best team in modern era

  • Da BIG Dog
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2007
      As a arguement I was wondering if they went head to head in a 7 game series who would win between the 90's championship Bulls and the 00's championship Spurs.  I am tring to make a mock series with game by game reports and was wondering what you all thought of the arguement as well as the outcomes.  The rosters I have are:

      Chicago                     San Antonio
      C - B. Cartwright         C - D. Robinson
      F - S. Pippen              F - T. Duncan
      F - H. Grant                F - B. Bowen
      G - M. Jordan             G - T. Parker
      G - J. Paxton             G - M. Ginobili

      Reserves                   Reserves
      F - D. Rodman           F - M. Finley
      G - BJ Armstrong       G - S. Elliot

    • Leo Walsh
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2007
        My thoughts would be to see who played the most
        minutes during both teams championship years and
        create a 12 man roster based on that information.

        Like for SA

        Robinosn
        Duncan
        Bowen
        Ginobili
        Parker

        Reserves
        Elliot
        Nesto
        A Johnson
        Barry
        Ellie
        Horry
        Rose

        Also, SA first Championship was only 50 games, may
        need to look at a per minute per game average.

        http://www.basketballreference.com/leaders/leadersearch.htm

        I like the Basketballreference.com and
        basketball-reference.com for searches.

        Chicago would need more Research, 6 title teams